2023 Minnesota Tap Dance Experience
** Note: this page is currently being updated with information for our 2023 event. . Please stay tuned for more details!
Come experience a unique competition geared just for tap dancers, featuring 3 talented tap judges.
- Tap on a sprung wood tap floor
- Get valuable feedback on your performance
- Fine-tune your routine before you head off to Nationals
- 2 ability levels and 6 ages groups
- Professional tap DJ - Rick Ausland
- Awards for choreography, artistry, precision and more
- Improv contest with cash prizes
- Tap games with fun prizes (mini Dream Duffels, gift cards, and more)
- VIP section for teachers and studio owners with light refreshments
Meet the 2022 Judges
Growing up performing in Keane Sense of Rhythm’s Youth Tap Ensemble, Davon developed a deep love for dance. This brought him to attend high school at Saint Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists, where he also discovered a passion for Musical Theatre. He’s considered a “Triple Threat”, as he’s an accomplished actor, singer and dancer.
Starinah “Star” Dixon is an assistant director, choreographer, and original principal dancer of world renowned tap company, M.A.D.D. Rhythms. She has taught and performed at the most distinguished tap festivals in the country including The L.A. Tap Fest, DC Tap Fest, RIFF Dallas, Chicago Human Rhythm Project’s Rhythm World, and MADD Rhythms own Chicago Tap Summit. She’s performed internationally in Poland, Japan, and Brazil to name a few.
Mark is a noted educator and has taught at festivals throughout the U.S. and has served on the faculty at Oklahoma City University and Hope College. He is sought after for his multidisciplinary approach to tap teaching, which includes history, basic music theory and an emphasis on jazz music, and has taught in France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain and the United States. Mark is also a published author, with pieces appearing in Dance Spirit, Dance Teacher and Dance Magazine.